Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Update on the previous post

As I mentioned in my previous post, I was ambivalent over whether I wanted or not to become Chair of important committee. Well, the situation resolved itself pretty quickly. I will not be Chair. Not because they elected somebody else, but because in an unbloggable meeting today somebody came up with a suggestion that is incompetent and bad for many reasons. Half the committee supported it, and the rest stayed silent. Except me, but nobody had my back. I can't really write too much about it, but let's just say that the election of new Chair is tabled until I don't know when. Furthermore, I withdrew my name from the game: I simply refuse to Chair a committee that is becoming incrisingly disfunctional, and where half-baked ideas are enthusiastically received with no consideration for best practices and proper procedure.

On to plan my literature class for the Fall....

1 comment:

  1. Phew! That was relatively easy & painless. I'm glad you're not going to have to suffer through this! Oh, and I thought you'd like to know that I may be very close to finally making an appointment to get a formal ADD diagnosis! (partly inspired by, after your previous post, reading some of your archives & my own comments & thinking about it). Have fun preparing your literature class!

    P.S. are you going to be watching the world cup? ;-) (I happen to love soccer, but maybe you don't?)

    ReplyDelete