Continuing with slightly fluffy posts, because I am not in the mood to get into more serious things, I'll share something that made me laugh last night. Many institutions have a Facebook and/or Twitter page where students submit chunks of conversations they've heard at different building on campus. Their name is something like "Overheard at [insert name of institution]". Since they are taken completely out of context, they can be hilarious. I discovered them last night, and I laughed out loud with many of them. Here are a few examples, slightly redacted to protect the innocents...
- "Does anybody else enjoy going through the Encyclopedia looking for typos? I did it last weekend, and I had a great time!"
- "Donuts holes are really my thing"
- "Do I have to feel bad for wearing leather shoes?" Answer: "I don't know, do you have to kill the cow to get the leather?"
- "Yeah... Joe has kind of developed an habit of drunk driving in the past few months"
- "I've just realized I'm not made for blue-collar life"
- "Should I read the CliffNotes of the book before reading the actual book? I may understand it better that way"
Does your university has anything similar? Contributions for our general hilarity?